Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Q&A - Ian, Boys Ranch


Methodist Children’s Home will have eight graduates this month from the University of Texas – University Charter School on the Waco campus.  These graduates are from the Waco campus and Boys Ranch.  The Waxahachie campus will have two graduates.

We caught up with Ian, a senior from the Boys Ranch, to find out more.

Q: How do you feel about graduating?
A: I am a little nervous but ready.  When I first arrived at the Ranch I really needed to get back on track with my schoolwork.  I have had a lot of support from the Ranch staff to get more motivated and now I will be graduating.

Q: What are your plans for the future?
A: I will move into the MCH Independent Living house and attend Texas State Technical College. I will study diesel mechanics and continue to work at a local automotive supply store. I am glad I still have support from MCH.

Q: What is one of your best memories from the Boys Ranch?
A: It was during my first summer here.  I was in a drum class that Mr. Dishman taught.  I had been playing drums for about seven years.  He was going to be out for a week and he gave me the opportunity to teach the class while he was out. I felt so responsible and trusted. I also had a blast being able to teach a peer to play drums.  He eventually played in the Praise Band with us.  I really did appreciate that opportunity. 

No comments: